Thursday, April 19, 2012

Low DPS issues. Thoughts/help?

So this is my main character. I came back to WoW in May after quitting during Lich King. I have been trying to get raid progressed (not the best of luck so far).

My problem is that (completely unbuffed) at the training dummies I can only pull around 13 ish k dps. In raids it's generally 14 ish k. I know my rotation well and I've tried to enchant/gem properly. So what's up? Is there anything I'm missing?
Read the sticky. Telling us that you know your rotation well does not tell us if you know what you are doing, only that you think you know what you are doing.
I've read the sticky. I follow it's advice for my rotation, as well as for my talent tree, etc.
Link Raid Parses/Logs. Oh, nevermind, you are on my server. I have access to post them myself.

Halfus / V&T:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/dzdka3sgwrzo2yyx/analyze/dd/source/?enc=bosses

TAC / Cho'Fail:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hpzqb15w3hyb583m/analyze/dd/source/?enc=bosses
I just transferred to this server from Norgannon (where they're pretty fail and don't keep logs). The guild I just joined might have like 2 parses from the BoT run I did with them. Just fyi though nobody was told what raid we were doing that night and I had never done the council or chogall before, so idk how accurate those might be.
bump.
General advice is to double dot when you can (V&T, council), keep your dots closer to 100%. Try to stay in solar longer to dot things up and use your mushrooms when there's AE.

Your gear and spec look fine, and it's hard to give boss specific advice when it's going to be obsolete in 2 days.

It looks like you have a solid understanding of our single target rotation, but just don't know how to adapt to different situations in fights, like multiple targets, AE, movement, etc. Practice will make you get better at these things. You can also watch videos or read moonkin strategies.

This guide includes links to videos and goes a little more in depth on alternate rotations than the sticky here does:
http://themoonkinrepository.com/viewtopic.php?p=57808

And this is an excellent moonkin column about how to extend your eclipse time (I suggest reading some of the other posts in that column, too):
http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/06/10/shifting-perspectives-building-a-better-balance-druid-rotation/

No comments:

Post a Comment