Monday, April 16, 2012

(''')O.O(''') Bear tanks..

So I have been playing all my tanking classes lately, because I decided I want to tank. I like my Druid the most, but tanking is a real pain.

I read through the sticky "Ah! Bears" and am following it to the best of my ability. I went ahead and tanked a BRC, Normal, just to get a feel for it. I was tabbing when killing groups, cycling CDs (Berserk and such) and trying to not let Maul rage starve me. I found a few group pulls where I was losing/lost threat though, and that seems bad.

On my Paladin/DK/Warrior group threat is laughably easy, not that I don't enjoy the challenge that my Druid tank is offering, I just feel like I could be doing better.

I know my gear is less than grand, but like I said, this was BRC normal with level 81s and 82s.

I was also a bit unclear on the tanking guide when it comes to stats prioritizing. From what I'm understanding you want x/mastery gear. Reforge X into expertise (As long as it isn't dodge) and don't reforge for mastery, but reforge for dodge once your expertise is at a comfortable spot?

I could be entirely wrong, it sounds odd, any help is great.
You should be able to completely ignore expertise in favour of dodge and still not have any significant threat issues - however expertise is your 'go to' stat if you find yourself stuck on threat issues that you can't solve by tidying up your 'rotation'.
Our AoE threat is crap atm....wich will be alot better come this patch

As far as reforging goes change all that crit and haste into dodge.

Heres a link for a break down of all our stats... http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t110357-feral_bear_theorycraft_rawr_bear/
Thank you both for your quick and helpful responses. I'm looking into that link, Digital. And I guess I read the expertise part wrong on "Ah! Bears", Katjia

No comments:

Post a Comment