Saturday, April 21, 2012

Newb cat weapon question

Hi Druids,

This is my second druid and I played the other one feral offspec at 80, but didn't level him feral, so I never ran into this question. Any help/knowledge would be appreciated.

Up till now, I've been using Repurposed Lava Dredger, but it stops growing at lvl 80. So I was pleased to get Beakless Polearm in Vashj'ir. However, I noticed my character sheet indicated my damage and my dps were lower (in cat and caster) with the 272 polearm, even though the weapon damage (and stats) were much higher. I don't seem to experience any improved damage either since upgrading.

Is there some reason this polearm isn't actually better than the BoA mace at 80? The weapon damage and stats on the mace are the same in-game for me as they appear on mouseover in this post.

Thanks!
Weapon dps is all that matters as far as picking weapons for kitty dps. Pick the one with the higher DPS, not damage range, top end, whatever, just dps.

No comments:

Post a Comment