Monday, April 16, 2012

Druid healing

Hey guys, i come to my druid to try out the resto spec. Ive always been moonkin/feral. Now i want to try resto for the first time.

I have a priest, so i have some background on healing. The thing is, i know nothing about healing as a druid. So what i did is go into a bg to heal it. Its great, IF im not focused on. I just dont know how to survive vs 3 people attacking me. Between the stuns and such, i just dont know how. On my priest, i would bubble right away and have some breathing time.

I have the appropiate glyphs, swiftmend and revuj. Do you guys have any tips on druid healing? How can i get out of danger in bgs? What heals are the most efficient? I also noticed nourish and not healing touch..is nourish the same? A long, strong heal?

Theres no sticky for resto druids, so i didnt know where to look for help. Thanks
Perhaps you should look again
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937135

edit: to make myself clear, healing is healing. The only difference in bg's is you'll be using a bit more roots and cyclones and more healing touches than nourishes.
"Resto 85 PvE Healing Guide" is so incredibly subtle for a title. How could anyone know it's about healing?
I read that and learned about kitty Ika, not sure about you though.
I don't have much experience in BG's lately, mostly because I have become sick of being focus burned. But when I did do it alot back in the day, I made sure I was stealthed everytime I could be, keep at least one HoT on yourself at all times, the moment someone zeros in on you, pop barkskin and heal yourself like crazy. Healers are essentially the tanks in PvP(in my opinion) so HoT yourself to hell when you take damage.

A lot people in BG's go for burst damage, and Druids don't do burst healing, we need a few GCD's to get our output up there.
I always keep the 3 stacks of LB on myself, for mana regen and for emergencies.

Switch to travel form and run away.

Nature's Grasp is your best friend. I reflexively use it when I get a melee attack.

Barkskin is instant cast, doesn't eat a GCD, and can be cast when you're stunned.

Make sure to get a PvP trinket to break stuns, etc...

Swiftmend helps.

Make a macro that combines Nature's Swiftness with Healing Touch. That's a good Oh @%@@ button.

Don't travel alone. I tend to follow groups around. I save their asses and then they leave me to die, but the enemy is more likely to ambush a single target when traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment