Saturday, April 14, 2012

Boomkin advice

[:1]To start out this is my off spec and is abit underused. I tank 90% of the time in our 10m guild, but with me being the only tank to be able to go ranged I dps when it calls for one tank. I am not a big fan of boomkin but I also hate to under perform. So now i am here trying to get some advice from the die hard boomies out there. Last week I was doing 12k on dummies and about 13-14k in raids. I did some research and fine tuned my rotation and got a nice 1.4k boost to my numbers this week. Where i need some help is with gems, reforging, and talents. I have heard that haste is key so I have been doing that. There is something that just dosent feel right with my set up and I know my gear sucks as I peace it togther from os rolls in heroics and such. Any help will be taken and used to improve my sorry boomie. I know ill be trolled but as long as I get one or two real boomkins to help out it will be worth it. Thanks
Rule of thumb for Boomkin gear:

Int>Haste=Hit>Mastery>Crit

Follow that and you'll be good.

Also remember that Spirit = Hit, thus for gemming purposes you'll want Int/Spirit gems over Int/Hit.

Another thing to note is that mastery only gives it's benefit at .0 and .5 marks thus if you are a few points below (Example 11.93) it maybe worth reforging some haste into Mastery for a larger benefit

The gems you will be looking for are:

Red: Brilliant Inferno Ruby
Yellow: Reckless Ember Topaz
Blue: Purified Demonseye

And before you ask why spirit over hit, it's a slight out of combat regen benefit versus nothing you get from hit, it's small but better than the alternative.

Edit* Extra info
Thanks, but what about reforging. Should I just reforge any crit into haste or spirit depending on whats most needed. Also sould I go for hybrids that are int - haste for yellow, int -spirit in blue, strait int into red? Thanks again.
Follow my edit it should help you out

Also, yes always reforge the lesser stats to obtain a stat higher on the DPS chain stated above.


edit* Added info
Don't forge to mastery, and get more hit. Where you can't reforge to spirit go to hit because the hit cap is vitally important. If you still need more use Sparkling Ocean Sapphires in blue sockets.

Only pure gems are int ones and only go for socket bonuses when bonus is +20 int or more. For yellow sockets where the bonus is worth it use Reckless Ember Topaz, and in blue sockets use Purified Demonseye.

Put powerful ghostly spellthread on pants.

Double-check your rotation against calculated's guide at the moonkin repository and Eluial's sticky.

Use glyph of SS on all fights where there are lots of add phases and glyph of wrath only on mostly single target fights.
Thanks a lot. Hopefully Ill be able to be more help in our raid when I have to dps. Thanks a lot.
Just came back to thank you guys, or gals, for the advice. I can report a nice 2k boost to my numbers. I am now steady 14k+ on the dummie and pulled off 17k in our raid. Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment