Saturday, April 14, 2012

moonkin question

[:1]in my current gear should i be reforging into spirit? any other critique would be nice too
I don't play moonkin anymore (was an offspec when Cata dropped), but at least part of that is easy enough for me to answer.

Reforge to spirit if you're below the hit cap, otherwise don't. If you're raiding, you're about 11% below the 17% hit cap, so reforging to spirit should be your top priority. If you're only doing 5-mans, the hit cap is only 6%, and you don't need to reforge to spirit unless that last 0.04% really bothers you.
what should i reforge from?
Now we're getting too complex for me. When Cata came out, it was Mastery, but I suspect that Mastery buffs may have changed that to Crit instead. I'll leave that to the people who actually know about this stuff.

I'll also direct you to the Moonkin sticky at the top of the thread list, as I'm sure the question is answered in that post.
First reforge from crit, then from mastery. Always try to get hit capped my reforging before resorting to regemming.

ideal spirit+hit is 1741
Best question is whether you intend to pvp or pve with that gear. I see a mix of both so I can not tell by looking. If you are going to pvp, I think your over hit cap. If you want to pve then you should replace all that with pve gear. Even if the pvp piece is 352 and a heroic piece is 346, you will get more secondary stats with pve gear. Also if your having trouble with hit, you can do tb dailies for the stump trink, or can run first boss of halls of origination for a nice hit trink.

I also suggest that you complete all the quests in uldum, vash'ir, and hyjal. You can unlock nice rep items from them and can buy their tabards.

No comments:

Post a Comment